Home | RSS | Email | Tumblr | Twitter | Facebook | Friendfeed | Twitxr

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

کودکانه

I Finished My Homework

I finished my homework.
It took me all night.
I tried to make sure
I got everything right.

I read every chapter
the teacher assigned.
My eyes grew so bleary
I nearly went blind.

I studied each problem
until my eyes burned.
Researched each detail
leaving no stone unturned.

I finished my reading
and got out my pen
and pulled up a chair
at my desk in the den.

I answered each question.
I checked every one.
I wrote out my essays.
At last I was done.

By eight in the morning
I'd run out of fuel.
I packed up my backpack
and headed to school.

I handed the teacher
my homework, and then
I noticed, embarrassed,
I'd used the wrong pen.

The teacher looked nettled.
I felt my heart sink.
I'd used my trick pen
with invisible ink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home